Ganesha Chaturthi falls on Tuesday, 19 September 2023Ganesha Chaturthi or Vinayaka Chaturthi is one of the important celebrations in Hinduism that is dedicated to lord Ganesha. Ganesha Chaturthi is considered the birthday of the elephant-headed lord Ganesha. The lord Ganesha is invoked by placing an idol of lord Ganesha at home and worshipped by offering prayers.
How to worship lord Ganesha:
- The entire house is cleaned well on the day before Ganesha Chaturthi and is decorated with flowers and light. A stage is created for lord Ganesha in the pooja room and is decorated.
- On the day of Ganesh Chaturthi the idol of lord Ganesha has to be brought home. The idol is then installed on the plank in the east direction. The lord is now decorated with colourful flowers, kumkum, sandalwood and turmeric. flower garlands, Arugam pul and erukkan flower garlands are considered very auspicious.
- The shuddhi and Sankalp then take place that is followed by the chanting of mantras and songs to invoke the lord into the idol and seek his blessings.
- Neivathiyam like laddu, modak, fruits, coconut and many others that are favourites to lord Ganesha
- Fasting is observed by many devotees seeking good health, wealth and prosperity in life. Lord Ganesha who is the remover of obstacles is said to remove all the difficulties in life. People should also visit the nearest Ganesha temple and attain positivity along with divine bliss.
- It is good to donate to the poor and needy people on this special occasion. The prasadam offered to the lord can then be distributed among the family, friends and the poor people.
Benefits of worshipping lord Ganesha :Worshipping lord Ganesha is believed to enhance one's knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. Students often seek his blessings for success in education and exams.
Devotees believe that by worshipping lord Ganesha, they can attract prosperity, financial stability, and success in their lives.
lord Ganesha is called the "Vighnaharta" or the remover of obstacles. Devotees believe that praying to him can help eliminate obstacles, challenges, and hurdles in life.
Ganesha is invoked at the beginning of new ventures, journeys, and important life moments.
Lord Ganesha is worshipped to seek Divine protection, and safety from harm, accidents, and negative influences.
Worshipping lord Ganesha brings positive energy into one's life and surroundings for a better personal and spiritual growth.