Varuthini Ekadashi is an Ekadashi that falls in the Tamil month of Chtirai or the lunar month Vaishakha. Ekadashi is the 11 Thithi after the full moon day or new moon day. Varuthini Ekadashi is the 11 Thithi of the waning moon that usually falls in the month of April or May. It is a very important festival in which the fifth Vishnu avatar Vamamnan is worshipped and the devotees offer special prayers to Lord Vishnu in temples and at home.
On this holy day, the devotees of Lord Vishnu perform poojas and observe fasting to get complete grace and blessings from the lord. The process of fasting begins on the previous night of the Ekadashi and lasts till the day after Ekadashi in the Dwadashi Thithi. During fasting it is said that it will reap maximum benefits if the devotees observe fasting without eating fruits, vegetables and grains.
Significance of Varuthini Ekadashi:
Worshipping Lord Vishnu on Varuthini Ekadashi will bestow boons of enlightenment, and give liberation from the birth and death cycle, making an unfortunate person a lucky one , women become fortunate and lucky. The devotees who perform fasting on this day with a pure mind are sure to get the grace of the Lord Maha Vishnu.
What has to be done on this day?
The devotees must clean their house and surroundings the day before the event, and begin their fasting on the previous day of Ekadashi in the evening and the fast is broken the next day after Ekadashi in the morning.
Devotees who are not able to fast completely can fast by eating a single meal. Or just by eating fruits and drinking some water.
The devotees can go to the temple and involve themselves in the poojas and divine chantings. Offering flowers, prasad, sweets, lamps, and incense sticks to the lord and seeking his blessings.
Benefits of fasting in Varuthini Ekadasi:
- One can get liberated from the sins and sufferings of previous births.
- Fasting properly on this day is sure to bestow good luck and fortune.
- One can gain prosperity, name and fame
- Fasting on this day bestows the benefits of performing penance for 1000 years
- Women who perform fasting get to become more powerful and lucky to all comforts in life.
- Lame people can get to walk properly after fasting on this day.
- Fasting on Ekadashi days is said to have more health benefits in both physical and mental health.
Buy original authentic and energised spiritual products like karungali products, maalas, crystal products, idols, frames and many more spiritual products only at Om Spiritual Shop.